SiteLock: WordPress Security Plugin Review
Are you looking for a security solution for your website? Want to know if SiteLock is the right choice for you?
SiteLock is a popular WordPress security provider for finding and fixing malicious activity on your website. It helps protect your website, business reputation and customers from cyber threats and hackers.
In this SiteLock review, we’ll cover the features, pricing, and more. While we can’t tell you if this product will ultimately meet your needs, we can offer our professional opinion about whether it provides everything you need to protect your website from hackers and cyber threats.
We’d like to introduce you to the platform known as SiteLock. To make this page easier to read, we’ve included a table of contents, which will allow you to scroll through the different sections or posts that contain information that may be topical. This way even if you’re interested in something deeper toward the end of the document, you’ll easily be able to find it because we’ll have listed out each section and post accordingly. We hope that this makes your visit more enjoyable!
SiteLock is a popular cloud-based website security scanner and malware removal service in the market. It offers various web and mobile security solutions to protect your website and keep hackers away.
The best part about SiteLock is that it automatically detects malware and initiates removal, keeping your website safe. It also provides database protection and vulnerability patches to prevent any kind of cyber attack.
SiteLock is PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliant and meets industry security standards to provide world-class service. Protects your WordPress site from:
- SEO spam
- rear doors
- Block list alerts
- Hacking attempts
- Malware threats
- malicious traffic
They offer a 911 service to respond to attacks and fix your website quickly. It is a premium service with external monitoring to ensure the complete safety and security of your WordPress website.
SiteLock claims to fix a website in less than six hours. And you get a money-back guarantee on 911 services, which means you can trust the security scanner without worry.
When it comes to pricing, SiteLock offers multiple plans for small and corporate businesses. Their top-of-the-line plans are designed for large e-commerce stores to prevent money theft and other security vulnerabilities.
The Basic plan is for beginners and beginners with SSL scanning, malware scanning, spam scanning, SQL injection scanning, risk scoring, and more. It also comes with complete code and database scanning to ensure your website is secure in every way.
It provides regular/daily scanning to check for malware and other threats that may affect your website. If you buy their premium plan, SiteLock will automatically fix problems and notify you of any changes made.
Let’s explore all SiteLock features to learn more about this security platform.
SiteLock is a robust WordPress security and monitoring solution. Below we will explore all its features and options to determine if this is right for your website.
1. Website Crawl
SiteLock provides various website scanning tools to detect minor and major threats on your site. These scans include:
- Malware Scan: Checks your WordPress site for malicious or suspicious content. Once found, SiteLock will promptly alert you so you can clean your website.
- Spam Scan: Regularly checks whether your website has been added to spam lists and spam databases to prevent emails you send from being blocked or sent to the spam folder.
- SQL Injection Scanning: Hackers bypass validations to attack your site’s database and gain access to sensitive data. This scan finds such vulnerabilities to protect your database and its stored information.
- Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) Scanning: Hackers exploit vulnerabilities in your site to steal visitors’ data or trick visitors into providing data to third parties. Cross-site Scripting (XSS) scanning helps you find and fix the vulnerability to protect your site from such attacks.
- Application Scanning: Multiple processes are running in the backend that puts your website on the internet. It includes databases, operating systems, programming languages and more. Application scanning will ensure that there are no loopholes for hackers to break into your server and attack your website.
- SSL Scanning: A simple scanning tool that ensures your website has a valid SSL certificate and web encryption works smoothly.
Most security scans run automatically after you install and activate the SiteLock WordPress plugin on your website. Setup is easy for beginners and works in just a few clicks.
After the plugin is activated, it scans your site regularly. It will email you to let you know what it found. You can also access the SiteLock dashboard to see the crawl details and the status of your site. You can also access SiteLock’s risk score and live scanning in the dashboard.
And there is more. SiteLock allows you to add a security trust badge to your website to let visitors know that your website is free from all malicious activity and threats. This helps you gain the trust of website users and is especially useful if you accept online payments.
2. Malware Removal
SiteLock offers a complete and automated malware removal process that works in three steps:
- Malware Detection: First, the powerful SiteLock malware scanner detects malware files and content on your website.
- Malware Removal: Secondly, it automatically removes all malware and suspicious data found on your website. It also cleans up anything suspicious from your website’s source code.
- Website Restoration: In the final step, SiteLock checks if hackers have harmed your site and takes steps to keep your website running smoothly. It will also notify you of any changes made to the website.
During this process, SiteLock contacts you to share regular updates and alerts via email. You can also find all logged activity in SiteLock’s live dashboard.
3. Vulnerability Patch
Vulnerabilities are vulnerabilities that hackers can use to gain access to your site or its data. These vulnerabilities can appear in WordPress plugins and themes, and occasionally in WordPress core installation.
Security vulnerabilities arise from time to time with software updates and other changes. When developers find these shortcomings, they fix them and release a new version of the software with the security patch.
What you need to know is that once you fix security vulnerabilities, that doesn’t mean your website will get rid of them in the future.
Your website needs to be monitored regularly to check for new vulnerabilities.
SiteLock’s vulnerability patch keeps you ahead of threats. It helps you quickly find vulnerabilities on your website and fixes them right before hackers abuse them.
SiteLock uses remediation technology to control sensitive areas of your site. If it finds problems, it applies separate security patches to make sure your site is secure.
This means that cybercriminals cannot exploit vulnerabilities.
4. Web Application Firewall (WAF)
A Web Application Firewall (WAF) acts as your first line of defense to scan your website traffic before it reaches your site. It detects bad bots, spam, cybercriminals and malicious users and blocks them so they don’t even have a chance to hack your site.
SiteLock’s firewall sits in front of your WordPress application like a security shield. It then performs a secret security check behind the scenes without the visitor knowing.
The tool scans each visitor to check the bot behavior. It also verifies your visitors’ IP reputations.
This helps compare real visitors to malicious traffic. SiteLock’s Trueshield tool then automatically blocks malicious bots and malicious users and only allows secure traffic to access your WordPress website.
Firewall activity is logged and you can find complete filter reports in your SiteLock dashboard.
5. Website Backup
It is recommended that you create regular backups of your website. With backups, you can quickly revert to a previous version of your site in case of hacking and attack.
You should check out the full list of WordPress backup plugins. These plugins have been tested to provide the best backup and restore solution for WordPress sites.
SiteLock provides a website backup and restore option. It is a simple solution for website owners to schedule daily backups or request backups for files, folders and databases.
You can easily restore your website with one click. SiteLock provides an undo button for you to select and restore a previous version of your site immediately.
During the backup process, your content and data will be encrypted to ensure complete security. You can also monitor your backup status, history, and storage in the SiteLock dashboard.
Storage depends on your pricing plan. We’ll discuss more in the SiteLock pricing section below.
6. Content Delivery Network
SiteLock offers a content delivery network (CDN) service to help improve your website performance and speed.
CDN will automatically store your website content in global data centers in more than 40 locations around the world. When a visitor wants to access your site, it gets the data from the nearest server and displays it.
This significantly reduces page load times, but you may be concerned about the security of storing data on so many servers.
SiteLock provides secure end-to-end encryption to keep your data and website users protected.
Setting up SiteLock CDN is easy with just a few clicks. It works automatically to increase speed after configuration and loads your website faster.
While the SiteLock CDN looks promising, we also recommend checking out our list of the best CDN services to speed up your website.
SiteLock Customer Support
SiteLock always has your back when it comes to customer support. However, you need to know that the support preferences work according to your pricing plan. This means that priority goes to premium customers, then those on lower-end plans.
However, SiteLock offers its support service through multiple channels where you can communicate in the most convenient way for you. This includes:
- 24/7 live chat support
- Phone support
- To chat
- community forum
In addition, you can find lots of documentation in their FAQs and knowledge bases.
Alongside these support platforms, SiteLock experts also assist with pre-sales questions, quick fixes for hacked websites, and more.
Before diving into SiteLock pricing and plans, you should familiarize yourself with a one-time emergency cleaning service called SiteLock 911.
This is extremely useful if your site is currently under attack. It costs $199 (one time fee) and here’s what you get from it:
- Priority access to SiteLock’s security experts
- 6 hour response time
- Fast recovery of your website
- Complete and thorough website cleaning
- Full refund guaranteed
After fixing your website, SiteLock will also provide one year of external monitoring to ensure your website stays safe and secure.
SiteLock offers three pricing plans in its regular portfolio:
- Basic – The Basic plan costs $149 per year ($14.99 per month) . It includes 24/7 customer support, 30-hour call response time, daily backups with up to 2GB of storage, full website scanning, vulnerability detection and more.
- Professional – The most popular plan and costs $249 per year ($24.99 per month) . The Pro plan includes everything from the basic plan with daily backups and up to 5GB of storage. It also includes 24-hour response time, vulnerability detection and automatic patching, website firewall protection (WAF), CDN, and more.
- Business – The top-end SiteLock plan costs $349 per year ($34.99 per month) . It has the fastest 12-hour call response time, daily backups with up to 10GB of storage, malicious bot blocking, DDoS protection, firewall PCI reporting, 2FA and custom WAF rules.
You get a discount on the SiteLock 911 service with every plan.
The downside here is that you need to commit for at least 12 months.
However, it offers a 30-day refund policy and you must cancel the service within the first month to get a refund.
If you choose to pay annually, you will receive a two-month discount on the total price. Applies to all SiteLock plans, from basic to business.
SiteLock is a powerful and high quality website security service. It comes with a website application firewall, automatic malware removal, daily website scanning, complete backups, and more.
It provides solid website security and prevents bot attacks from keeping your site safe. SiteLock also provides security against cybercriminals, hacking attempts, and malicious traffic.
SiteLock pricing plans are a bit pricey for beginners and beginners. And on the downside, you’ll have to commit for at least 12 months, which means once you buy the service, there’s no going back for a year.
There are several WordPress security plugins you can use to protect your website from hackers, malware, malicious threats and spam bots. Our top recommendation is Sucuri.
It is one of the most popular and reliable WordPress security services with powerful options including IP blocking, location blocking, DDoS protection, security monitoring, website firewall, server-level firewall, and more.
These are our top picks of WordPress security plugins on the market. For more options, see our full guide: WordPress Site Security Tips
Conclusion – Is SiteLock Good for Website Security?
SiteLock is a premium website security solution designed for established businesses and e-commerce stores.
Here are some highlights from SiteLock Security features:
- Daily scanning and malware removal
- Automatic vulnerability detection and patching
- IP and traffic filtering
- Powerful website application firewall
- Website backup and restore
- Priority customer support – 24/7
It’s also a great choice for budget enterprise users to invest in a website security solution. Other users may look into SiteLock alternatives for website protection.