Rank Math SEO Plugin (Installation and Settings) 2022
The plugin name is Rank Math SEO plugin. It is one of the plugins to be used as an alternative to Yoast and All in SEO Pack. As someone who has recently switched from All in One SEO Pack plugin to Rank Math, I highly recommend using it.
What is Rank Math?
Rank Math is a next generation SEO plugin for WordPress. It seems that SEO experts generally use Yoast SEO. But once you get to know Rank Math, your mind will change.
When you read the article, you will understand how to set up Rank Math, an impressive SEO plugin, to write SEO-friendly content and rank higher in search engines in 2021.
Why Do You Need Rank Math SEO Plugin?
WordPress is the most popular open source Content Management System (CMS) software. Using this CMS you need to optimize your content according to SEO rules. Thus, you can move the content to the first page in search engines.
It is very difficult to develop our sites and achieve success organically in WordPress without using an SEO plugin. Even webmasters find it tedious to look at the source code and update their blog or website to perform all their SEO activities. That’s why many SEO plugins have been developed and added to WP.
Rank Math SEO plugin helps you optimize your content for search engines and outperform your competitors. This is the best SEO plugin for WordPress 2022.
It simplifies your SEO activities and allows you to control them from one place, without having to edit code for SEO purposes in your blog.
The purpose of WP SEO plugins is to simplify your activities. By adding “Schema MicroData” and “404 Error Tracking”, Rank Math helps you optimize your content for better search visibility in advanced SEO activities.
With built-in content optimization, keyword management features, redirect manager and more, Rank Math offers advanced features for website optimization.
Features of Rank Math SEO Plugin
Every blogger and webmaster wants to perform, control and manage all their SEO activities from one place. It is clear that this saves more time and yields better results. Rank Math SEO plugin is an excellent SEO plugin for on-page events and technical optimization .
Here are the features that make Rank Math great. After reading these features, you will be sure to add Rank Math to your WP site;
- Optimization to increase site speed.
- Simple, modular interface design.
- Simple, user-friendly interface.
- Useful content SEO analysis.
- Advanced SEO settings.
- Easy rich snippet creation.
- Generating an XML sitemap.
- 404 traces.
- Social media sharing feature.
- Easy Shema setting.
- Robots.txt and .htaccess editor.
How to Install and Configure Rank Math SEO Plugin?
Rank Math is free and can be found among WordPress plugins.
Step 1 : Login to your WordPress blog.
Step 2 : Go to Plugins > New and type Rank Math in the plugin search box .
Step 3 : Install and Activate the Plugin
After installing and activating, you are asked to authenticate with the Rank Math official server as seen on the screen below.
Doing so helps you get regular updates and support. After this step, the Rank Math plugin now appears in the left column.
Rank Math First Installation How To Do?
After installing and activating the Rank Math SEO plugin, you need to give permission from the official site of MyThemeShop.
To do this, click Rank Math in the left-hand column and go to your account login to activate the plugin officially.
If you don’t have an account on the Rank Math official site, you can create one for free. Once you’re authenticated, you’ll run a compatibility check for the add-on and see the Setup Wizard button. Follow below how to do the initial setup of Rank Math in 6 steps by pressing that button:
- Importing Previous Settings
Rank Math has the ability to import your current SEO settings from existing SEO plugin. It will scan, detect and allow importing your SEO settings you made earlier.
If you are using the Yoast SEO plugin, select “ Start SEO Import ” and click on it. Your settings will be transferred from Yoast SEO to Rank Math in no time.
Click the Continue button when the process is complete.
- Entering Site Information
Enter your site’s blog type, logo upload, default social share image details. After filling in the details, save and click Continue.
Personal blog or personal portfolio options in general blog setup; For a business website, you can choose from options such as a small business, webshop, or other business website.
- Search Console Linking
Link your Google Search Console account here by clicking the “Get authorization code” link.
Enter your Google Search Console login information. Click the Allow button and grant access to your account.
In this process, Google will give you an authentication code. Copy the code and paste it into Search Console settings. Then click the Allow button.
Select your blog from the account, click the save and continue button.
Sitemaps are the search engine’s indexing files and help you discover blog content to index correctly.
It would be ideal if you choose which files to include in this file such as posts, pages, images, videos, audios, products, categories and tags.
Just select the options you want to include in your website’s sitemap. Then save, click the continue button to proceed to the next step.
Here you optimize your site according to SEO rules. It provides good SEO values and saves you time. You will see no-follow no-follow image links, no-follow external links, referral status and search engine validation sections. Choose what you think is necessary for SEO from these.
- Finalizing the Installation
In the last step of Rank Math SEO plugin installation, click on the allow button. Once your site is ready, scroll down and click the “back to dashboard” button.
Now your Rank Math plugin is ready.
Rank Math Settings and Basic Options
- Control Board
After installation and activation, the plugin will redirect you to the control panel. This control panel has the following options.
- About: This tab guides you.
- Modules: You can see 404 tracking , redirects, rich snippets, role manager, search console, SEO analysis and enable/disable sitemap options. You can enable the ones you want according to the site requirements.
- Help: This is the information center. You can get technical support here.
- System Information: This tab contains the WordPress environment, server environment, client environment, theme information and installed plugin details.
- Installation Wizard: This is the tab where you can configure the plugin in 6 steps.
- Import / Export: You can import your plugin settings from one site to another.
The Rank Math Analytics feature has limited features in the free version. You can use all the features in the Pro version.
First, you must connect your site’s Search Console and Google Analytics accounts by performing the authentication process. After a few steps, your Rank Math Analytics panel will be up to date.
There are 4 tabs in the Rank Math Analytics menu. These are the basic dashboard, site analysis, SEO performance, and keywords tabs.
- Key Dashboard: Here you will find your overall optimization score, search impressions, keywords, search clicks, CTR, keyword location data. You can see the details from the Open report link. This data is synchronized through your Google Search Console and Analytics accounts.
- Site Analysis: Explains the SEO status of your current content on a score basis. Separates optimized and non-optimized content. Lets you see content that is not optimized for improvements.
- SEO Performance: Provides impressions from search engines, total keywords, search clicks, clickthrough rate, and average position of your content. So you can see your blog performance.
- Keywords: You can see the rankings of your keywords in search engines.
You can use many advanced features, including Adsense integration, in Rank Math pro versions.
- General Settings
You can access it from Rank Math > General Settings. Tabs will be laid out in front of you.
- Links : It is the top tab. You can change the link settings of your blog/website.
- Page Marking Path : There is only the Enable button here.
- Images: For image SEO settings. There are 2 settings. These are the Add Missing Subtexts and Add Missing Image Captions features.
- Webmaster Settings: This is where you will verify that the site is yours. You can verify your site by entering the verification code for various third-party webmaster tools such as Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster, Pinterest Verification ID, Norton Secure Web verification ID.
- txt edit: If you are an amateur blogger, do not touch this part because it requires advanced knowledge. It is an arrangement that directs the crawling and indexing process of your site in search engines.
- Edit .htaccess: A configuration file that helps search engines and users navigate your site. This usually consists of ready-made codes, so it’s better to leave the default setting.
- 404 Monitor: Every website has 404 errors. In this tab you can fix 404 errors.
- Redirects: It is a built-in redirect manager that helps you get rid of 404 errors.
- Titles and Meta
In this part you manage general meta settings, social media details, homepage details, author details, miscellaneous pages, media setup as per Google guidelines and configurations such as categories, tag details.
You should carefully structure this page. We recommend carefully adding titles and meta descriptions using relevant keywords based on your blog type and niche.
- Sitemap Settings
The sitemap is an important file. It signals search engines when you update your website. It helps you index your content. In this section, you can add authors and content types to the sitemap. Which one you choose depends on your SEO policy.
If you have no idea about this, set the settings to ON by Default and do not make any changes.
- 404 Monitor
404 errors are no longer a big deal thanks to the Rank Math plugin. This plugin monitors for 404 errors and notifies you. You can redirect the page that gives the 404 error to other pages. So you get rid of a bad SEO feature.
In this section, you set up temporary and permanent redirects. With the 404 monitor, you can redirect the error pages on your site to other pages. You can also send users to a special page instead of the errored pages.
This method works very well if you don’t want your users to go to the broken link. Thus, you will prevent your visitors from having a bad experience.
- SEO Analysis
You can do SEO analysis of your site with a single click on WP with this plugin. On-page optimization is one of the criteria that search engines value. In particular, it affects the ranking of your content. Other factors such as caching and URL structure are also important. You don’t need to spend hours editing them. This feature on Rank Math saves you time. It is an advantage to scan your site within seconds and provide complete information about its SEO.
If you want to start this analysis, you can say “ Start Site Analysis ” via Rank Math > SEO Analysis .
After this analysis, you can improve your site’s SEO by following the guidelines.
- Import and Export
You can import your previously backed up settings. In addition, if you want to use your Rank Math settings on a site other than your current site, you can export this time. This section includes import settings, export settings, importer and backup operations.
- In the export settings, there are what settings you need to make on the panel. You can find general settings, titles, meta and site settings.
- In the import settings, you can import the plugin settings page from your desktop.
- In the importer plugin, you can import your exported SEO settings with a simple click.
AdviseWP Rank Math SEO Settings
I have shared the screenshots of my own settings below. In addition, if there is a section you want, you can request the screenshot as a comment.
How to Optimize Content with Rank Math SEO Plugin?
Rank Math content SEO is almost identical to Yoast Content SEO. If you have used Yoast SEO before, you can easily use the Rank Math plugin.
The SEO analysis tool in the Rank Math plugin consists of 4 parts:
As you can see, there are four different settings in this section.
- It has an important place in content analysis. Simply add focus keywords to optimize the content.
- You can add more than one keyword, but not more than 3.
- If you are going to use more than one keyword, use each keyword in your content. Don’t forget to select all your keywords before you start optimizing.
- Here is a preview of the snippet that will be seen in the search engine.
* SEO Title
- You should write the title in this section with remarkable expressions.
- Write the title here and it will appear in the SERP.
* Permalink Settings
- Permalink settings: (the URL of the content.)
- Permanent links must include your focus keyword.
- A short URL will be more beneficial for SEO.
* Meta Description
- What you add here appears on the SERP page.
- It should not exceed 160 characters.
- Prepare the description by adding your focus keyword and other relevant keywords.
After optimizing, you will see results in terms of Basic SEO, Insertions, Title Readability and Content Readability as you can see in the image above .
- Advanced Seo Settings
Here you can make advanced SEO settings. You can index and de-index, add Canonical URL, add sitemap, setup custom redirect.
- Rich Snippets
Here you can create rich snippets without the mess with Shema and MicroData.
You can set title, description, featured image for Facebook and Twitter.
Pros and Cons of Rank Math SEO Plugin
|Too Many Premium SEO Features||Content SEO Part Needs Improvement|
|Speed Optimization||Switching To Another Plugin Is A Little Harder|
|Very Good User Interface for Amateurs|
|Importing SEO Settings from Other Plugins (Very Simple)|
Frequently Asked Questions About Rank Math Plugin
- What is Rank Math SEO?
Rank Math is an SEO plugin for WordPress that includes good practices and helps you optimize content. It gives you control over the on-page SEO of your entire website.
- Is RankMath Free?
Yes. The Rank Math plugin is available for free download with a wide variety of features. If you want advanced features like keyword tracking, schema generator, and live support, you need to upgrade to the Premium version.
- How Can I Switch From Yoast to Rank Math?
Switching from Yoast SEO to Rank Math is easy. You can import Yoast SEO settings. When you install and activate Rank Math, you can use the settings imported from Yoast SEO.
- What is SEO Plugin for WordPress?
“Rank Math, Yoast SEO, SEOPress, All in One SEO, SEO Squirrely” are counted as the best SEO plugins for WordPress. These plugins complete 90% of the work as technical SEO and on-page SEO.
- What Is The Best Free SEO Plugin For WordPress?
There are more than 10 SEO plugins in the WordPress plugin directory for free. The most popular ones are Rank Math, All in One SEO Pack and Yoast SEO. Those who use Rank Math state that it is better than the Yoast SEO plugin. As someone who went through the All in One SEO Pack plugin, I can say: Much better!