How to Disable Comments in WordPress
How to Disable Comments on your WordPress site?
If you have a WordPress based website, you can customize many parts of your theme. The main purpose of every website is to attract more visitors and interact with them. The most effective method for interaction on WordPress based websites is for visitors to comment. However, allowing comments and turning off WordPress comments have different advantages and disadvantages.
Comments are especially effective for on-page SEO strategy. However, if you have a website with few pages or do not have time to follow user comments, random and irrelevant comments and spam links on your page can harm your website’s domain authority. In this case, you can perform the WordPress comment closing process.
There are different methods to turn off WordPress comments. You can turn off the comments individually as well as turn off the comments completely.
Closing the Whole Site to Comments
You can close your entire WordPress-based website to comments. This process is actually quite simple. You can follow these steps for the entire site to turn off WordPress comments;
- First, log in to the WordPress admin panel using username and password.
- Then click Settings > Discussion tab.
- After this step, there is the “Allow people to comment on new posts” field. This section comes enabled by default when you install WordPress on your website. When you disable this option, comments cannot be made on any page of your WordPress site.
By following these steps, visitors will not be able to comment on your pages and articles, even when new pages are added to your website.
To close only the pages that are live on your website for comments;
- From the Posts tab on the WordPress admin panel, click > All Posts .
- Then you will see the “Screen Preferences” button in the upper right part of the screen.
- Then you need to enter the number of “Items to Display Per Page” . Here, enter this number on the screen, how many articles you have on your website.
- You can then select all the articles on your website by checking the box next to the “Title” tab.
- After this process, go to the “Edit” section from the “Bulk Actions” section on the title tab and continue with “Apply”.
- With this application, you can edit all the articles you have selected on your website simultaneously. Then, you can turn off the comments by selecting the “ Don’t Allow” field in the “ Comments” section on the screen that opens.
Advantages of Closing the WordPress Site to Comments
Closing your WordPress-based website for comments has some advantages for you.
- You don’t waste your time on comments while managing your website. Turning off comments saves time while managing your website.
- Your website is not spammed through comments. At the same time, no one can advertise on your website.
- It makes your website look simpler and cleaner. Long and unprofessional discussions can detract from the purpose of your page.
- With turning off comments on the WordPress site, there are fewer elements on the pages. In this way, your web pages load faster and the user experience improves in terms of speed.
Disadvantages of Closing the WordPress Site to Comments
There are also some downsides to closing your website for comments. These are the disadvantages:
- You can easily increase interaction through your website. At the same time, you can give your visitors the opportunity to express themselves.
- A very useful page awaits you in terms of on-site SEO. Comments will give you some advantages in the rank promotion process.
- Your chances of getting feedback about your website are reduced.
Note that when you turn off comments on your WordPress website, it will put you at a disadvantage in the above cases.
That’s the end of our guide to turning off WordPress comments. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to comment.