Step-by-Step Guide to Start a WordPress Blog in 2021
The question of how to start a blog is undoubtedly a question on everyone’s mind these days. In this guide, you will find a very educational guide that starts with the path of blogging and touches on many topics.
In fact, starting a blog is one of the best things you can do these days. You can have many reasons to start a blog. Owning a small business, opening an online store, or talking to people who are interested in a topic you specialize in will come in handy with a blog.
We can list these benefits as follows:
- Self-improvement. Many people choose to be a blogger to express their opinions freely and gain new information. With a well-known blog, you can showcase your skills and expertise while searching for a job.
- Brand awareness. If you’re a small or large business owner, increasing your brand recognition can be an important part of your journey. With the right start, your blog can greatly advance your business.
- Potential to become a selling platform. When it comes to attracting new users, you need to invest heavily in many premium channels such as Google Ads. Although it takes time to grow a blog, once your traffic is stable, you will have a solid platform that can sell.
- Better discoverability in search engines. Blogging is one of the best ways to leverage organic searches . Do not forget that a stable traffic flow is important for all online projects.
In this guide, we will share every detail you need to know, such as how to start and successfully maintain a blog. Moreover, we will touch everything so that your blog site both attracts traffic and has a name.
This post will not only answer the question of how to start a blog, but will also guide you to create a plan for the future.
- Which blogging platform is best for a new blog?
- How can I choose the right web hosting?
- How can I set up a successful blog?
Before we get started, let’s talk about our campaign! If you can’t wait to start your blogging adventure, you can use this special offer to start your blog at Blue Host. With a 30-day money-back guarantee!
Let’s see what it would be like to start a blog from scratch.
How to Open a Blog?
The process of starting a blog can be described by the following steps:
1. Choose your blog niche
If you’re a business or project owner, blogging about services, products, and company goals can be a good choice. This way, you will be able to attract people who are interested in what your blog is about. You win and your customers win.
If you want to start a personal blog, you will have more niche options. Your options are almost endless. From travel, technology and news to food, music, books, fashion and shoes, there are many options and types of blogs you can choose as your blog topic.
Avoid making a hasty decision as this step is one of the most important. Finding your blog niche will be easier if you spend time researching your options .
As a result, the best thing you can do is start a blog on a topic you are interested in. The results will always be better when you do something you love. When the results are this good, your audience will notice it too.
If you’re not sure what to blog about yet, don’t worry. Even the most successful blogs have tried many different topics and approaches before reaching their goals.
Our best advice for you is to do some deep research and never look back.
2. Find a web hosting provider
Next up is choosing a blogging platform. This is the service or software you will use to publish your content. Before doing this, you should decide whether you will use a free blogging platform or a self-hosted plan. We’ll talk a little more about both.
For new bloggers who want to try blogging, the idea of a free blogging platform is extremely appealing. But with a free blogging platform, there will be limitations and rules you need to follow.
Not only will you include the name of the platform’s website in your URL, but you will also need to display ads on your blog that are incompatible with your style or niche and that you cannot monetize. Our advice to you is to host your blog yourself.
Your own hosting platform
Self-hosted platforms allow you to use your own domain name on your blog. There will be no other website name at the end of the URL. You will also be able to choose the Content Management System, namely CMS . Some of the most popular of these are WordPress , Joomla, and Drupal . These CMSs help you build your dream blog.
But having a self-hosted blog isn’t free, however. Since you are using your own name and web space, you will have to make a monthly payment to a web hosting company. You will then be able to use your preferred CMS. These CMSs are generally open source and free.
There are a few things to be sure of when it comes to choosing a blog hosting platform:
- How much traffic are you expecting?
- How fast is the installation?
- Is there a support team?
- What features can make your blog stand out?
- What’s the fare?
At Blue Host, we have extensively upgraded our server infrastructure year after year to provide the best blogging experience.
With the Blue Host control panel , you can set up your preferred blogging platform with just 1 click. Whenever you need help, web experts will be available 24/7.
In addition to these, there are many options according to the size of your blog project. Let’s see what’s available.
Shared web hosting is one of the best options to start your first blog or website .
It hosts many websites on a single physical server. All resources on the server such as RAM, disk space and bandwidth are shared between sites.
The servers are carefully optimized and are under constant surveillance to ensure that each website works properly.
If you’re considering starting a blog with shared hosting, here’s what you need to know:
- It is inexpensive and easy to use.
- Uptime and server updates are taken care of by the hosting provider.
- 24/7 live customer support.
- One-click platforming feature.
- You can share your server resources with others.
- Limited configuration options.
- There is no root access.
For business and larger project owners, cloud hosting aims to offer the power of virtual servers with the ease of shared web hosting.
It is a powerful and reliable platform to start a blog. This is because you will have enough resources to handle as much traffic as you want.
In addition, you will have ample opportunity to grow as all resources are dedicated to nothing but your blog!
- Private resources and IP address.
- 24/7 live customer support.
- The resources are entirely your own.
- One-click platforming feature
- Easy migration from shared hosting
- Higher monthly fee compared to other solutions.
- Limited configuration options.
- No root access.
In short, a virtual private server, VPS is a unique solution that provides more freedom and control.
However, this solution may seem a bit complicated if you are not familiar with server administration.
If your goal is just to start a blog, it would be better to choose another solution.
If your goal is to create multiple different projects outside of your blog, you will have a perfect environment with the virtual server.
- It provides root access.
- Private IP and resources for you.
- Offering the most flexibility of all solutions.
- To have the most control.
- Ability to change server-side settings.
- Requires technical knowledge.
- You need server administration skills.
- It is unmanaged.
- The learning curve is higher.
3. Register a domain name
Every website has a URL address, also known as a domain. Choosing the right domain name can take a while as there are many factors to consider.
Once you’ve found the perfect domain name for you, check it out in a domain searcher to see if it’s available . Then choose the extension you like and that’s it!
If you are undecided about a domain extension, we recommend that you take a look at this guide .
4. Setting up the blog platform
The next step is to choose your blogging platform. Since blogs usually consist of content, you should choose a Content Management System (CMS) for your first blog .
A CMS as your blogging platform can help you:
- Ability to create a blog without coding experience.
- Ability to easily create and publish new content.
- You can focus on writing rather than technical issues.
- Ability to add new features with the help of plugins and modules.
- Ability to find beautiful website designs from free theme libraries.
Here are the top three blogging platforms we recommend :
At CPanel and Plesk panel, you can install all these platforms with one click.
Let’s examine each blogging platform in turn and find out which one is right for you.
We will tell you how to install WordPress.
Also known as the world’s most popular CMS, WordPress is a powerful platform to start blogging. It is easy to set up and use and requires no coding knowledge.
As AdviseWP, we use WordPress for blogs and guides.
- He is a novice friendly.
- A huge library of free plugins and themes is available.
- It has easy SEO options and is simple to manage.
- Updates come frequently.
- It requires occasional maintenance.
Once your web hosting and domain name is ready, you are just a few steps away from your blogging goal.
We have shown three platforms for you to start your blog . Next is how to set them up. If you don’t need this part, you can skip to the next step.
How to Install WordPress
Installing WordPress is pretty easy, especially if you’re using CPanel and Plesk Panel. All you have to do is go to Auto Installer from the control panel .
Select WordPress and install WordPress by following the installation wizard.
WordPress offers an intuitive dashboard to make blog management easier.
You can access this panel from your browser by entering yourdomainname.com/wp-admin
You can find many free WordPress themes in the Appearance section and you can easily have a look you like.
In the Plugins section you will find a large library of free plugins. You can see plugins as extensions that will increase the functionality of your blog.
Here are three essential plugins every blog should have :
- Yoast SEO – this plugin will help you optimize your posts with the latest SEO methods.
- Akismet Anti-Spam – with this plugin you will be able to keep your comments section clean and free from unwanted comments.
- Jetpack – security, performance, stats etc. It offers many features on topics such as
Creating blog posts and pages
The Pages section allows you to create more pages (like About Me, Contact etc.) on your blog. You can easily add new pages with a single click.
The Posts section will be the section you will visit most frequently, as all your articles will be created here. All you have to do is click Add new and edit your new post on the page that opens.
5. Post content and grow your blog
Now you know how to start a blog with three of the best CMS platforms . Let’s move on to the next step, your content.
What should your content do?
Once you identify your target audience, your content should offer them valuable information. Your content should be understandable and never give the impression that you don’t care about the subject while writing.
Make your content easily accessible so readers stay on your blog. Your readers should be impressed with the content you offer and want to come back. Add photos and other images if your style fits.
Also, encourage your visitors to interact with you and other readers through the comments section. Ask them to indicate their thoughts on your blog posts or what they would like your future posts to be about.
Since you can create posts effortlessly with content management systems, your main focus should be on creating as much quality content as possible.
Remember that it takes time to get noticeable results in search engines with your new articles. The earlier you start, the better it will be for you.
Ideally, you should be able to generate and grow traffic from your blog over time. To achieve these goals, you must have extraordinary ideas and work hard.
Before content production
One of the most important items of our article on how to open a blog is to produce content. Before publishing posts on your blog, make sure your static pages are ready. These pages never change and your readers can always access them. Here are the must-haves from these pages:
- About Us – Here you can tell your story, who you are and why you have this blog. Depending on your blog, this page can be personal, entertainment or business oriented.
- Contact – This page keeps your readers in touch with you. It may include your e-mail, social media accounts, mailing list member form or other contact methods.
- Sidebar/Menu – This can be a column or a bar at the top. Here you can include things like your blog categories, ads, and other static pages.
Post content production
- Blog post – This will be the main source of your traffic. To these you will add your content consisting of text, photos, videos or a mix.
- Timeless content – This content will continue to appeal to your readers even after the release date has passed. You should keep them up to date and ensure that the information you contain is accurate.
What is a blog content strategy?
A content strategy is a plan for how to manage your blog over the long term.
Without this strategy, it can be difficult to post frequently and attract readers. With 4.4 million blog posts published daily , it will also be difficult to get ahead of other bloggers.
An effective content strategy should answer the following questions:
- Why are you blogging and creating content?
- What type of content should you create?
- How can you achieve your goals with your content?
How is the strategy determined?
- Set your goal. What do you want to achieve with your blog? Let your goal be concrete. For example , getting 3000 visitors by the end of the month or having two of your posts appear on the first page of search engines within two weeks can be a good starting goal.
- Do audience research. Who are your target readers? Find out what types of content they like, the problems they’re experiencing and which social media platforms they use.
- Brainstorm on topics and keywords. Decide which keywords to rank for. Streamline the process using tools like Google Keyword Planner , Ahrefs Keyword Explorer, and SEMrush Keyword Research . Remember to focus on your niche.
- Create a release calendar. Create a timeline for the days and deadlines when you will write, publish your blog posts. That way you can be productive and consistent.
Publish, promote and measure. Publish your articles on social media, mailing lists and benefit from backlinks. In addition, review your blog’s performance through Google Analytics .
6. Promote your blog
You have great content your readers will love, but what’s next? If your audience is not aware of your blog, how will you reach them? Word of mouth will happen when people read your blog, but there are other ways you can promote your blog.
- Tell everyone in your life about your new blog – friends and family . Ask them to share your link on their social media accounts, let others know about your great content, and add their email addresses to your mailing list.
- Submit your blog to search engines – this will make your blog appear in search engines, so they will add your site to their site listing. Log into your Google account and click Submit URL from Webmaster Tools . You can also submit your blog to Bing and other search engines.
- Be active in your niche – check relevant blogs, social pages and forums. Blog communities are great places to grow your audience and meet other bloggers.
- Be active on social networks – this has become a popular and frequently used way to promote yourself. Follow pages that fit your niche, comment on other posts, and connect.
- Guest posting – offer to create a guest post on someone else’s website. Make sure the site has a good reputation and is in the same niche as you.
- Mailing list – send your readers emails about new articles and offers. The more curious people are with your content, the more they will react to your promotions.
- Ads or paid traffic – you can always use ads to promote your blog. This is possible on Google AdWords or Facebook. However, if you don’t want to spend a lot of money, it would be in your best interest to skip paid ads for now.
7. Make money from your blog
With your blog working with great content and audience, you can turn your hobby and passion into a source of income. If monetizing your blog sounds good, check out our suggestions below:
- Display ads on your blog – You can choose ads specific to your audience or relevant to your content. Google Adsense would be a good starting point.
- Affiliate programs – in this method you collaborate with retailers to provide products and advertising services. You earn money on commissions. For this, you must have a high number of visitors, be reliable and have a link on your page that indicates you are using affiliate links.
- Selling products and services – if you own your own products and services, you can sell through your blog. Let your audience browse your products, add them to their cart and checkout with confidence with an eCommerce plugin like WooCommerce .
- Sponsored content – when your blog’s traffic increases, people may ask you to add ads to your blog. You may be paid to view these ads.
How to Advertise on Your Blog?
There are two methods of advertising on your blog: Google Adsense and direct sales of ad space.
To monetize your blog with Google AdSense:
- Get started as a member .
- Connect AdSense to your blog and wait for a confirmation email.
- Create an ad unit and place its code on a widget on your blog.
Check out this article to learn how to add AdSense to your WordPress blog .
How to sell ad space directly to businesses:
- Create an attractive media kit that displays your blog’s stats and key information.
- Send this kit to potential advertisers. Indicate that you are selling ad space and offering partnerships.
- Manage your ads with Google Ad Manager.
- Keep your partners happy by providing ad performance reports or discounts.
You don’t need to own your own products to sell online. As a blogger, you can earn commissions from merchants who buy products or services related to your niche. To do this, you must join an affiliate program.
After registering, you have access to various marketing materials such as affiliate banners and links. You can display them however you want on your blog or posts. You get paid every time visitors click on ads or make a purchase.
It’s free to join and easy to become a member. Apart from marketing materials, you get a affiliate control panel, an affiliate manager to take care of you, and a minimum of 60% commission on every sale counted .
Amazon Associates is another popular option, which blogs in different niches can take advantage of . There are also affiliate networks such as CJ Affiliate and ShareASale . You can browse their merchant groups and choose a partner with a program that fits your blog.
Writing and Selling eBooks
There is also the option of writing and selling eBooks for those who are experts in their fields or those who love to write.
Yes, this option takes a lot of time, but you can use your blog posts as a starting point and write more about a topic you blog about.
Follow this guide to create an eBook:
- Choose a topic and write your content.
- Choose an eBook format as PDF, EPUB, AZW or MOBI.
- Choose Caliber , Any eBook Converter , Google Docs, or any other similar app to create your eBook .
- Book your Kindle Direct Publishing , Kobo Writing Life and ebooks.co’m on platforms like or post on your blog.
If you don’t have time to write an eBook, join affiliate programs. By reviewing and recommending other people’s eBooks, you can earn commissions on every purchase your readers make through your link.
Why Should You Start a Blog?
Apart from being a platform where you can express yourself, starting a blog has many advantages. You can improve your writing skills and acquire new skills such as web development and content management.
A blog is a platform that allows you to build your own community and show your difference and creativity. You can also earn income by showing ads or participating in affiliate programs. Your blog posts can also replace your portfolio when looking for freelance writing jobs.
As you can see, starting a blog can help you improve yourself. However, it also offers you many opportunities.
Every time you start a new job, the question you need to answer is “Why”.
Once you find your reasons to start a blog, it’s almost guaranteed that you’ll enjoy the whole process. You can also learn new things during this time.
Here are some things to think about to get started:
- You will learn about your niche. To create quality blog posts, you need to work on your niche and research new areas. In the process, you gain valuable knowledge that will help you in the future. Who knows, maybe you’ll find a great idea to start your own online business.
- It’s a great way to express your ideas . Have you ever had a day when you had a great idea but it was impossible to do anything about it? If you start a blog, you will get it done. Share your insights and ideas with everyone.
- You get a constant flow of traffic . Many new projects and businesses struggle to find an audience to showcase their ideas and products. This slows their growth. But with a blog, you can drive valuable traffic and convert them into leads and users.
- New opportunities will arise. Although your journey may be a bit difficult at first, you will get many new opportunities once your blog starts to grow. After establishing your online presence, the number of people who will join you will increase. Why not be the new expert in your niche?
- Show yourself to the world. In this modern age of technology, writing is still the best way to express yourself. If you are managing a supplementary project, starting a blog can be one of the best ways to showcase your achievements to everyone. You can reach anyone in the world using the Internet.
- Become a big influencer. With each new blog post, you get one step closer to your goal. If you are an expert in a particular field, blogging on that field will help you promote yourself in this market. Build an audience, create new connections, present your ideas and cross all boundaries.
- Work on your dream. There is no better feeling than working on a goal. But most of the time we don’t know the feeling because we never try. If you’re passionate about something, starting a blog gives you the perfect environment to start working on your passion.
Years ago, blogging wasn’t seen as such a serious thing. Many people have now turned their blog into a serious business .
If freedom is something you’ve always been looking for, starting your own blog is a step in the right direction.
What is a blog?
Still don’t know exactly what a blog is? A blog can be a digital magazine, diary, showcase, learning place, etc. It can be anything you want like.
Most blogs these days combine text, images, videos, and other pages on the internet. People can leave comments and contact the author of the blog.
A blog is a type of website filled with posts with text, videos, photos, or a mix of these. The newest posts are always displayed first or at the top.
What is a niche?
Many searches on the Internet are about problem solving, and this is where the niche comes into play. Niches are popular because they can be about many topics. If you want to stay up to date on fashion trends, follow a fashion blog. If you are looking for new music, you follow blogs about new artists. So how to choose a niche?
A niche is a topic or area that your content will focus on. For example, if you are a musician, your blog’s niche will be more about music.
However, it is recommended to be specific. Depending on your interest, you can focus on hip-hop song reviews or pop music production.
How to choose a niche?
Choosing the right niche for you can take time, but it is certainly not difficult.
Here are the steps you should take:
- Find what you are passionate about and interested in. It could be your job, your hobby, or something that is part of your daily life.
- Research your competitors. Search for blogs related to a topic. Find out if there is a potential market and areas for improvement. Take notes on the content they produce, such as dictionaries, guides, or projects.
- Be specific. Gardening is a very broad subject. There may be many blogs that have already introduced themselves in this field. You may prefer more specific topics such as growing vegetables for novices or gardening for children.
- Make sure you can generate income from your niche. See if products relevant to your niche have AdWords and if your competitors have ad space or banners.
- Choose something you know and love. Readers want to see the passion and excitement in the blog they’re reading. If you’re not really into your niche and don’t spend enough time and effort, maybe this job isn’t for you.
- Look for a gap in the market. Think about the blogs you read and see what’s missing from them. If it’s something you’re interested in, you can blog about it.
How to do keyword research
Keyword research is an important step in blog management as it is part of SEO. If the articles on your blog are based on keywords, they will have a higher chance of appearing in search engine results.
The first thing you should do is become familiar with your niche. Join online communities on the topic and read many different blogs. You will find common problems that people experience. List them and do a brainstorm.
Another way to do keyword research is with Google Keyword Planner . This tool is free. All you need is a Google AdWords account. This tool will give you a list of keywords and ideas relevant to your niche.
If you need comprehensive keyword analysis, you can also use premium tools like Ahrefs Keyword Explorer and SEMrush Keyword Research . These tools will give you search numbers and SEO metrics along with many keyword suggestions.
Which blogger is the best
One of the main aspects of how to start a blog is choosing a film or provider.
Choosing the best blogging platform for you depends on several factors. You should consider your level of technical knowledge and how much effort and time you are willing to spend setting up your blog.
The platform should have features that can support your blog’s goals and purpose. Finally, you must determine the amount of creative freedom you need and what your budget is.
Owners of a certain technical experience and budget may prefer a content management system. WordPress.org is a popular choice and is free to use. However, you need a special domain and web hosting service to use this platform.
The learning curve of this platform is a bit high. Publishing your blog can take some time and effort. However, there are many online resources available to help WordPress users.
You can customize your blog with free and paid themes using WordPress’ live editor. Gutenberg block editor for posts and pages has many options and features.
Plugins are also available if you want to add various features to your blog or need extra tools for SEO, security and blog management. Since you have full control over your blog, you can also start monetizing it.
On the other hand, WordPress.com is the hosted version of WordPress. You don’t have to find and buy web hosting to use the platform. Its free plan includes a subdomain and gives you enough resources to get started.
This platform has its own library of customizable and mobile-friendly themes. Thanks to the instinctive live and block editor, you will be able to set up your blog in a short time without any technical knowledge.
The WordPress app is available on both iOS and Android, so you can manage your blog from anywhere.
You will need to upgrade your plan to get extra storage, custom domain, monetization option plus email chat support.
How to Learn WordPress
You can get to know and learn about this platform from various online sources. You can get started with the WordPress support page . It has all the documentation you need on getting started, setup, customizing and maintaining your site.
There are also knowledge-based websites dedicated to WordPress. You can find many comprehensive guides on terms and CMS at these sites.
If you are looking for visual guides, you can also find many WordPress video guides on video sharing platforms.
How Bloggers Make Money
One of the most used ways for bloggers to earn extra money is by displaying ads on their blogs. Especially through Google AdSense . Pay-per-click advertising model is used in Google AdSense. In this model, you get paid as you click on the ad banner.
You can sell ad space directly to businesses that offer products and services related to your niche. You get paid for clicks, visits or purchases, according to the contract.
For those with excellent writing skills, you can offer writing services and online work, or become a freelance content writer. Use your blog as an online portfolio.
Some bloggers also sell digital products based on their expertise. The most common of these products are printable and downloadable products. These include music files, art pieces, photos, software, etc. products are included.
If you don’t own your own products, you can offer and promote other people’s products by joining an affiliate program or writing sponsored content.
Can You Change Your Blog Name Later?
Yes, it is possible! However, there are many consequences to changing the name of your blog. So make sure you think carefully about this process.
Here are situations that may require you to change your blog name:
- What is available is not original or confuses readers.
- Incompatible URL and blog name.
- You want to change your blog niche.
The disadvantages of changing your blog name are:
- You can confuse your loyal readers and lose your online presence.
- External links posted to your blog will be affected.
- You need to do a 301 redirect .
What is Web Hosting?
You need web hosting to publish your blog and make it accessible on the internet. When you buy web hosting, you rent a space on a server where you can store your blog files and data.
This service is provided and managed by web hosting companies such as Blue Host. The storage you get will depend on the type of hosting you choose. Shared , VPS , Cloud and WordPress Hosting are available at Blue Host.
What is a Guest Blog Post and How to Get the First One
After learning how to open a blog, the most important issue is to introduce yourself. One way to do this is with guest blog posts.
A guest blog post is a type of post that you write for someone else’s website and include a few links to your own blog. It gives you the opportunity to introduce yourself to a larger audience. Additionally, guest blog posts are part of an external linking strategy.
So how do you get a guest blog post?
- Investigate. Search for influential blogs and authors in your industry and niche. Make a list, take notes from their contents. Check out the guest post terms. See if they have a particular style, voice or tone.
- Connect. Start by commenting on posts, share their content, subscribe to their newsletter and follow bloggers on social media. Become part of the community and aim to add value
- Ask to write a guest blog post. However, do not go empty-handed. Submit designs for posts that are relevant to your target blog’s niche.
- Provide high quality content. Once approved, make sure your article has valuable information. Make this article like any other article on your blog, including a call to action for internal links and comments, apart from outbound links to your own blog.
- Do not disconnect. After your article is published, don’t bother with communication, reply to comments or post another guest post.
How Much Traffic Do You Need for a Sponsor?
There is no specific answer to this. You can get a sponsor even if you have less than 1000 visits. As long as your blog grows and you are serious about managing your blog, you can attract sponsors.
Here are suggestions for getting a sponsor for your blog:
- Have a well-designed media kit. Include a brief description of yourself, your blog, and your blog’s mission. Don’t forget your contact info, social stats, unique visitor count, page views, page rankings, and reader metrics.
- Always look for sponsors. Don’t expect them to come to you unless you have a lot of traffic. Demonstrate your intent to receive advertising through a blog post.
- Create an affiliate list. Research and target potential sponsors carefully before contacting them.
- Join sponsored post networks. You can join networks like Acorn and TapInfluence . All you have to do is fill out your profile. Then you are matched with companies that want to cooperate with you.
What Makes a Blog Successful?
You have learned how to start a blog, but your job does not end with finding it. A successful blog is one that continues to grow and has high traffic.
Publishing articles regularly can be difficult. In the long run, writing about topics you love will make the whole process easier.
There will be times when the results are not what you expected. Setting a goal or goal will increase your motivation.
Your content should be consistent and focused on your niche. You don’t want just one-off readers.
Make sure you add value by posting information-packed, high-quality, and compelling articles. This way, everyone will want to come back to your site. Moreover, if you encourage people to interact, you will be able to create a community of your blog.
Pay attention to your blog’s SEO as well. You want your articles to rank high in search engines. If one of your pages ranks first in Google’s organic search, it will have an average clickthrough rate of 31.7% .
How your blog looks is also very important. The design and layout of your blog are the first things people notice. Whether they spend more time on your pattern site also depends on first impressions.
Marketing efforts also play an important role in the success of a blog. You should be very interested in and active in promoting the content of your blog. This includes targeting your audience and tracking your blog’s performance for improvements.
Why Do Blogs Fail?
There are many things that can cause blogs to fail.
- Lack of passion . As a result, you lose your will to continue.
- Choosing the wrong niche . It makes it harder to progress and manage your blog.
- Just focus on writing. While your content is the most important part of your blog, you need to take care of other topics as well.
- Not dealing with SEO . Not spending enough time and effort driving traffic.
- Producing low quality content. It is extremely wrong to produce content that does not have useful information and will not give readers a reason to return.
- Misrepresenting your content . Like not targeting the right audience and not engaging with your existing readers.
- The blog is not mobile friendly. Remember that 51.98% of all traffic in the world comes from mobile users.
By the end of 2020, the number of bloggers in the US is expected to increase to 31.7 million . If your blog does not have a goal or a character, it will not be able to get ahead of your competitors and will eventually become history.
Congratulations! Now you know all the steps, advice and tips on how to start a blog and become successful. All that remains is to act! What are you waiting for?
If you have any questions, thoughts or comments about starting a blog, don’t forget to share them with us in the comments section below!