6 Best Contact Form Plugins for WordPress 2022
Need a contact form plugin for your WordPress site?
WordPress is a great platform to do business with, but sometimes you might notice it can use some extra help. Such as when you’re looking for the most reliable and easy to install contact form plugin you’ve been experiencing difficulty and need to find one at this moment.
WordPress forms are a great addition to your site. Not only does it help you communicate easily with the customers and potential clients, but it also allows for a stronger connection between your customers/clients and your brand.
In this article, we will be taking an examination of five well-known WordPress contact form plugins – Forminator, Contact Form 7, Gravity Forms, Ninja Forms, WPForms & Fast Secure Contact Form.
Forminator offers integration for Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor, Trello, Slack, and many other resources. It also supports settlements and payments through Stripe and PayPal.
Plus, preliminary forms for sending messages, surveys, and questionnaires – all the functions for which you will have to pay a lot to install premium form plugins.
No matter that the Forminator is a free plugin its features list is the same as he is a premium plugin.
Forminator provides a visual drag and drops builder to create your own forms. His only drawback is that he doesn’t have a visual preview.
The plugin creates 5 types of forms:
- Standard forms.
For standard forms, Forminator is more flexible than other available plugins. For example, you can create:
- Forms of payment through Stripe or PayPal.
- External forms of sending messages that add content to any type of message.
- Email Subscription Forms Through Multiple Email Marketing Integrations.
When it comes for integration, the Forminator comes with a long list of third-party integrations like email services, CRM, storage, and project managers:
- Campaign Monitor
- Google Sheets
- Zapier (connects you to +1000 apps)
Other useful features:
- Manage form input / submit in the toolbar, including the ability to disable or restrict it to match GDPR.
- Conditional logic.
- Custom email notification forms.
- Spam protection with reCAPTCHA or honeypot fields or only authorized users can submit the form.
2. Gravity Forms
Gravity Forms is one of the most popular contact form plugins. It allows you to easily create all kinds of complex forms.
Pricing starts at $39 for a single site license. For $99 you use Gravity Forms on three sites with basic Addons. The $199 license includes unlimited sites with basic and advanced Addons.
Check out our Gravity Forms review for more details .
- Drag and drop interface : The drag and drop form builder makes it easy for you to create all kinds of online forms on your WordPress site.
- Improved functions : The plugin is constantly being developed with improved functionalities . The Gravity Forms team takes WordPress security seriously and is constantly improving it.
- Wide range of plugins : Gravity Forms, email marketing tools, CRMs, payment gateways, etc. You can expand it with a wide range of plugins , including
- No free version : Gravity Forms does not offer a free version, so it may not be suitable for the newest WordPress users who want to create a simple WordPress contact form.
- No plugins for the basic version : The basic premium version does not offer any plugins. So if you want to integrate your form with essential plugins like email newsletter tools, you’ll need to get an expensive $99 business license.
3. Ninja Forms
Ninja Forms is a freemium WordPress form plugin that has quickly won among WordPress users and developers.
With hundreds of functions and actions, developers can easily create their own custom functional form with Ninja Forms.
The team behind Ninja Forms is WPNinja, a WordPress development company that creates several free WordPress plugins.
- Free version : The free version of Ninja Forms is available in the official WordPress plugins directory so you can install it on any sites you want.
- Form builder : Ninja Forms offers a drag and drop form builder.
- Addons can be purchased separately : Unlike premium contact form plugins, Ninja Forms lets you use paid plugins with the free plugin. The price of the plugin goes from $29 to $129.
- Too expensive : Ninja Forms can be very expensive, making it want to try many plugins on your site. Ninja Forms’ starter plan costs $99, which is more expensive compared to WPForms’ starter plan ($39).
- There are no pre-built form templates : Every form must be built from scratch, including adding a submit button. This can be quite time consuming.
- No email newsletter integration with the starter plan : In fact, for $99, Ninja Forms doesn’t offer email newsletter integration, while WPForms does. Without a doubt, WPForms is the most cost-effective plugin compared to Ninja Forms.
Undoubtedly, Contact Form 7 is the most popular free contact form plugin in the official WordPress plugin directory. Currently, over a million sites use Contact Form 7 because the plugin is always updated.
Takayuki is the developer behind Contact Form 7. It has also released many Contact Form 7 plugins such as Flamingo and Really Simple Captcha.
For detailed information, you can take a look at our Contact Form 7 review.
- Plugins available : As it is the most downloaded plugin in the official WordPress plugin directory, you can find free and paid third-party plugins that extend Contact Form 7’s built-in functions.
- Spam filter : Similar to Quick Secure Contact Form, Contact Form 7 also uses CAPTCHA and Akismet for spam filtering.
- Extensive documentation : In case you need help using the plugin, you can find documentation, FAQs, and more detailed guides on the developers’ official sites.
- Not Intuitive : The Contact Form 7 user interface is not beginner friendly. Therefore, setting up a contact form can be difficult and time consuming for beginners.
- Limited to creating contact forms : With Contact Form 7, you cannot create a complex form like order forms.
WPForms is a beginner friendly form builder plugin in the WordPress ecosystem. With WPForms, even an absolute beginner to WordPress can easily create complex online forms. A contact form, order form, optional forms, survey form, donation form, etc. You can easily design and add contact forms to any page of your site.
- Ease of use : WPForms makes it easy with a drag-and-drop form builder that lets you create 100% mobile-friendly WordPress forms without having to touch a single line of code. It is the easiest and most intuitive form builder for WordPress.
- Publish wherever you want : With just a few clicks, you can add a form to your posts or pages. You can also add a form anywhere on your site, such as a footer, in a sidebar widget. Adding a shortcode will suffice for this.
- Free version : The lite version of the plugin is available for free in the official WordPress plugins. It includes almost every feature you need to create beautiful contact forms in minutes.
- Extend features with addons : The premium version offers extended form functions and form addons, so you can create multi-page forms, smart conditional logic forms, and more. You can also easily integrate with email marketing tools and 500+ web apps.
- Addons premium : The free WPForms lite plugin comes with all the necessary features you will need to create a simple contact form. This can be used by purchasing the paid version if you want to create a complex form such as an order form or an opt-in form integrated with your email marketing tool.
6. Fast Secure Contact Form
Fast Secure Contact Form is a free WordPress form builder plugin by Mike Challis. It is one of the most popular free contact form plugins with over 400,000 active installs on WordPress sites. It is one of the top rated plugins in the WordPress plugin directory.
- Block spam posts : Fast Secure Contact Form allows you to create simple contact forms and online schedule button on your site. You can use Google ReCAPTCHA and Akismet support to prevent spam form submissions.
- Documentation available : Best of all, you can find extensive documentation on the developers website; this is useful if you need any help using the form or fixing common errors.
- Better support : With Fast Secure Contact Form, unlike most free plugins, you’ll get a faster response if you create a support forum thread on WordPress.org
- Not easy to use : Fast Secure Contact Form’s user interface is not very intuitive. There is no drag and drop form builder.
- Not for beginners : This plugin is for developers and technically inclined people. Plugin settings require you to understand and write HTML, and the documentation contains a lot of technical detail and jargon.
Which is the Best Contact Form Plugin for WordPress?
We have compiled the 5 best contact form plugins for WordPress. Finding the right plugin depending on your needs can be a daunting task.
If you’re looking for a free WordPress plugin that helps you easily create a contact form, WPForms Lite is the form plugin you’ve been looking for. It has an intuitive interface and comes with prebuilt templates so you can create your form quickly and easily.
Gravity Forms will be a great choice if you’re a developer looking to extend form functionality to suit your needs.