10 Best WordPress Booking Plugins 2022
Websites are a necessity for any business. While it’s true that you can have one without the other, in some fields, having a website is essential – like when owning a restaurant or offering event tickets. In instances like these, you’ll want to be sure to install the right WordPress booking plugin too if you want your site to be attractive, easy to use and feature-rich.
A whole lot of booking plugins offer handy tools for owners of businesses that require online reservations such as restaurants, event planners, tour operators and more. If online payments and/or customer management tools are also important to you, then make sure that your chosen booking plugin has those features too because there will come a time when they’ll all become awfully useful!
Do you need a WordPress booking plugin?
Not everyone needs booking plugin. However, if you frequently set up appointments or want to be able to handle reservations online, does it make sense for your project? Also, if your restaurant serves food for parties and events, a bookings WordPress plugin lets you spread the word about your services to local people.However, if you have one of the following, these add-ons will come in handy for you:
- a rental service (bed and breakfast, car rental, etc.). In this case, the online reservation system will be a great addition to your traditional method.
- a ticketing service (plane, train, etc.). Your visitors can view available dates, book tickets and pay directly from your site.
- a professional service (doctor, lawyer, etc.). You can make your appointments through your site, which makes it easier for your staff.
- a freelance service (graphic design, photography, etc.) You can be a busy freelancer. Therefore, you can share the times you are available on your site and thus enable your potential customers to make reservations to benefit from your service.
If you think it will add functional value to your site, you can always use a WordPress booking plugin. If you don’t really need it, you don’t need to add it. Everything you add to your site should improve the user experience. Otherwise, your site may slow down .
Free WordPress Booking Plugin List
If you can get great features for free, why not use these plugins? Let’s take a look at these free and highly functional plugins.
1. Pinpoint Booking System
Usually the free version of a plugin is quite different from the premium one. However, the Pinpoint Booking System is different in this regard. You can find almost all its great features in its free version. The famous easy-to-use user interface makes everything simple. From adjusting the availability calendar and customizing the appointment form to integrating payment methods, this WordPress booking plugin won’t let you down. Key features are:
- AJAX based calendar . You do not need to refresh the page while applying the changes. This calendar also supports multi-month view and time zone settings.
- WooCommerce integration . If you own an online store or are planning to set up an online store, you can integrate this plugin with WooCommerce.
- Customizable offers . Creating coupons is pretty easy.
Additionally, it has many options when it comes to language support, currency preference, and calendar synchronization.
2. Booking Calendar
Booking Calendar is one of the pioneers in this field. More than 1 million downloads since 2009. It is particularly known for its clean interface and multilingual support. Other key features are:
- Flexibility . Your customers can easily navigate your site and book your service directly. As the owner, you can customize your appointment form, block double appointments, and set the timetable as you like.
- Admin panel . You can approve or reject appointments, receive email notifications about actions, and search or sort appointments using different parameters.
- Appointment synchronization . You can import newsletters from Airbnb, booking.com, TripAdvisor, or any calendar that uses the .ics extension. It’s also super easy to integrate Google Calendar into your admin panel.
The add-on accommodation service supports all businesses that do car rental and other planning (meetings, events, doctor’s appointments, etc.).
3. Appointment Calendar
If you want a simple and clear dating tool, this might be the plugin you’re looking for. All you have to do is unarchive the file and upload it to WordPress’ plugin directory. This WordPress booking plugin can be especially useful for lawyers, doctors, hairdressers or anyone who wants to supplement their offline service with an online dating tool. With this plugin:
- You can create and manage an appointment service from the Admin interface
- you can place an appointment calendar on any page / post
- lunch, vacation, rendezvous, etc. You can prevent appointments at those times by setting the hours for special events such as
- You can receive email notifications about appointments
- you can export the list of appointments as a .csv file
This plugin also has a premium version. It has additional features like Dashboard Management, Google Calendar sync and a PayPal payment gateway.
4. WP Simple Booking Calendar
This WordPress booking plugin has built its service on a single functionality. Your visitors can check your availability and make an appointment directly from the simple interface. However, the free version is quite simple. You can upgrade to the premium version if you need more features such as:
- Simple editing . You can select multiple dates in a few clicks.
- Easy synchronization . Thanks to this feature, you can connect your own calendar to other platforms (Google Calendar, Airbnb, etc.).
- Multiple overview options . You can combine multiple calendars into one neat overview and link your calendar to a specific page.
- Customizable indicator . You can easily edit the physical properties of your indicator. All calendars can have their own indicator.
This plugin also has a free version with premium features just like the previous plugin. As the name suggests, this WordPress booking plugin is great for reservations. Whether you are doing this from your laptop or from your phone, you will always get the best view with the mobile responsive user interface. Bookly is also recognized for:
- No unnecessary data entry . The reservation process is very fast.
- Customizable reservation form. It allows you to manage your appointments more efficiently. You can put them in different categories and assign different elements to different categories.
- WPML plugin support. You can translate your UI and notifications into more than 40 languages.
Given its highly customizable nature, Bookly is suitable for many types of businesses: accommodation services, healthcare support and consulting. You can upgrade to the premium version with additional features such as payment methods, unlimited number of elements and the flexibility to install more extensions.
Paid WordPress Booking Plugin List
If you want more functionality or power, consider purchasing a premium WordPress booking plugin. Here are some of the best of them:
1 – JetAppointment
Amelia is a powerful WordPress booking plugin, especially known for its intuitive user interface. It is most useful for client-oriented services such as outpatient clinics, beauty salons, fitness centers and law offices. Apart from the customizable calendar view, some of the features that make Amelia stand out are:
- Multiple services . Let’s say you own a gym that offers a lot of classes, but you’re having trouble organizing them on your website. With Amelia, you can categorize your services in a built-in interface. You do not need to create a separate page for each category.
- Multiple elements . It doesn’t matter if you run a business on your own or have employees. With Amelia, each user has their own calendar.
- Multiple locations . If your business has multiple locations, you can add each to the database.
- Informative backend control panel . Amelia has an intuitive one-page dashboard to give you insight into sales numbers and business metrics.
You can get all these great features for just $59. You can extend the 6-month customer support to 12 months by paying an extra $20.25 (117.6 TL) .
3. MotoPress Hotel Booking
As you can understand from the name, this plugin serves a certain niche. This niche is renting a room. Whether you’re running a luxury hotel or a modest bed and breakfast, this WordPress booking plugin could be the one that can make your business stand out. The $49 (284.7 TL) sticker price will be worth your money. Key features are:
- You can add specific descriptions to each accommodation type and add featured images to make them more appealing.
- Making a reservation is three steps away : (1) enter the hotel check-in and check-out dates, (2) select the desired options from the search list, and (3) fill in the personal information. Your customers can check all registered reservations from the calendar view.
- Customizing information has never been easier ! Regardless of discount coupons, additional booking terms or options for extra services, the plugin’s intuitive interface makes sure that customers are aware of all the details.
- Additional support features . Everything is ready to use including iCal sync, email notifications, multilingual translation, wide variety of payment methods, shortcodes ready to use in the widget.
This plugin allows developers to make advanced customizations. If you have multiple booking services, the premium version ($199 (1156 TL)) may better suit your needs as it allows multiple uploads on an unlimited number of websites.
Booked is an appointment plugin for a reasonable price of $49. However, if you want to extend your customer to 12 months, you have to pay $65.5 (380.6 TL). The fee is a one-time payment, but you can only purchase this add-on through CodeCanyon. Key features are:
- Guest appointment. Your customers can make an appointment without registering on your site.
- The user interface is clear and elegant.
- The plugin supports multiple calendars . If you have more than one employee, you can specify whether they are available or not, each on their own schedule.
- It integrates well with WooCommerce .
- It has a free plugin called Front-End Agents . Your employees have a profile screen to manage their frontend reservations.
- You can specify special cases such as holidays and days off with the special time key .
5. WooCommerce Bookings & Appointments
This WordPress dating plugin is specifically designed with WooCommerce. Let’s say you own a WooCommerce based support product store. Your sales are fine, but you want to expand your business by providing personal trainer services. You can add this plugin to meet all your planning and reservation needs. The $99-$259 (575 – 1505 TL) price tag may be too much for some, but considering its premium features, we believe it is worth the price. Key features are:
- A to Z reservation functionality . This includes, but is not limited to, available calendaring, pricing customization, easy synchronization, and flexibility compatibility with similar platforms.
- Element management . Creating an employment plan and managing costs is easy.
- Easy synchronization . You can synchronize multiple reservation calendars between many different products according to different time zones.
First, “Do I need to use a WordPress booking plugin?” start with the question. If the answer is yes, do not rush. The free ones may fit your needs. If you have a strong and growing business and need premium booking support, spending some money is a wise investment. Here is a summary of our list of the best WordPress booking plugins by functionality:
- General reservation management tool: Booking Calendar
- Booking tool: Appointment Calendar
- Booking management tool for accommodation services: WP Simple Booking Calendar
- A feature-rich free and powerful tool: Pinpoint Booking System and Bookly
- Comprehensive event management tool: JetAppointment
- All-in-one booking tool: Amelia
- Similar to Amelia but more reasonable: Booked
- All-in-one appointment system for accommodation services: MotoPress Hotel Booking Plugin for WordPress
- Booking management tool for WooCommerce based businesses: WooCommerce Bookings & Appointments.
That’s it! If you have any questions or suggestions, don’t forget to share them with us in the comments section below! Good luck!